Comments on Blog #3

The following are my comments to my peers’ posts.

Hello Omar, thank you for sharing your post. I like the idea of that one-on-one meeting, because I think it is a good strategy for both physical and online learning environments for students to support and grow with each other, especially those who are shy to ask the instructor questions privately or in front of the class. A one-on-one meeting is beneficial for students to bring up tough questions comfortably, motivated peers to clear out any uncertainties and confusion. It allows students to have a happy and safe learning environment. By reading your post, I am very interested in your pod’s blueprint and interactive learning resources deliverables. You mentioned that there would be no skill level required for people to take the learning resources; that is why I am looking forward to seeing the work of your pod. 

This is my second-time comment on Emily’s blog because I like the resources that she shared in her post and the flow of her writing. So, hi Emily, I have a better understanding of inclusive education after I read your post. Inclusive education is an exciting topic for me because this is my first time hearing about it. After reading the essential questions you listed in the post, I am more curious about what kind of assessments your pod decided to develop. Also, the helpful reading resources that referenced your post that attract me a lot. For example, on the website of “4 Proven Inclusive Education Strategies for Educators (Plus 6 Helpful Resources)”, Lathan (2021) mentioned one of the inclusive education strategies is to use a different variety of teaching methods to remove barriers and support students learning. Then, students with disabilities can have equal learning opportunities with others. Some of the learning technology tools could be difficult for disabilities. For example, students with loss of hearing may not be able to hear the audio play while watching videos. Students with a visual impairment such as color-blind may have difficulty recognizing specific colors. However, we can display auto-transcript, avoid multiple color combinations to help reduce barriers for students with disabilities, and allows them equal access to learning. Additionally, it allows students to interact with each other and learn the knowledge in multiple ways. Thank you for sharing it!

Lathan, J. (2021). University of San Diego. 4 Proven Inclusive Education Strategies for Educators (Plus 6 Helpful Resources). Retrieved from https://onlinedegrees.sandiego.edu/inclusive-education-strategies/

2 Replies to “Comments on Blog #3”

1. Hi Enze! Thank you so much for your kind words, wow! I’m so glad I was able to share a resource for you that was helpful. I am happy to hear that you explored it and are seeing inclusive education in a new light. Great job!

1. Thank you Emily for always bringing up good learning resources. Looking forward to reading more posts from you. Cheers!